Position Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA (hybrid)
Tiger Finance, the capital division of Tiger Group, provides structured secured credit facilities, across all asset classes and industries, including Senior Secured Working Capital Term loans, Fixed Asset Term Loans, Tranche B/ FILO Facilities and Bridge Loans to facilitate, M&A transactions, turnarounds or furnish additional working capital to Tiger’s existing and perspective clients. https://tigerfinance.com/
Tiger Capital Group, LLC has a new opportunity to join our growing Tiger Finance Team as an experienced Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing an assigned portfolio of asset-based loans’ and supporting new transaction due diligence and underwriting. The position reports into Head of Tiger Finance and collaborates closely with the Tiger Finance Team. This position is based on historic State Street in the heart of the Downtown Boston.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Communication with the senior management team of Tiger Finance, borrowers, other lenders, consultants, and legal counsel.
- Participate/ and provide assistance to senior management team in the discussion/negotiation of portfolio investment amendments/restructurings, as well as analytical and written report support to senior management members
- Interpreting historical and projected financial statements of portfolio investments and outlining key metrics/changes.
- Analysis of projected borrower liquidity on a monthly and weekly basis based on earnings and working capital changes
- Review of collateral values and trends based on field exams and appraisals of various asset classes (inventory, machinery & equipment, intellectual property, real estate, accounts receivable), and discussions as necessary with Tiger Finance’s internal asset experts.
- Determine and keep track of the portfolio investment’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, risks, and mitigating factors.
- Utilizing current financial data and value indicators to run risk assessment and investment IRR calculations.
- Prepare and review collateral and financial reports to be shared with senior management team and partners on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work closely and mentor senior associates and junior staff, to help develop and build out the Tiger finance organization
- Regular review of company and industry related news, developments, and trends through public and subscribed search capabilities
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- B.S. degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or similar field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 10+ years of experience working in a financial institution/asset management company associated with the asset-based industry
- Experience in comprehending asset appraisals and field exams
- Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to analyze financial statements/modeling (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow), as well as prepare investment and other portfolio management memoranda.
- Portfolio monitoring experience is required.
- Formal credit and/ or collateral evaluation training is preferred, as is familiarity with legal documents (credit agreements, intercreditor agreements).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think creatively and work independently in a fast-paced and deal-oriented environment, are required.
If you are interested in applying, please email Andy Cerussi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.